Freitag, Mai 19, 2006

Bad Fortune?

Met up with Ayako yesterday, and we went to another shrine, this time in Asakusa. Here I paid 100 yen (about 75 cent) in order to randomly pull a stick out of metal box. The number on the stick told me which piece of paper to pull out of one of the drawers (for pictures have a look at the photoblog), which in turn told me my fortune / future. Kind of like a fortune cookie, a bit more detailes, but about as vague. Didn't sound too good, don't know if you can read it, sorry for the blurry photo.
The good thing is though that if it's bad fortune, you can fold the paper up and tie a it to the metal bars in the red wooden frame on the second picure and that should reverse the prophesy, which I obviously did. So I hope I'll be OK.

later we went on a little boat trip, crappy weather, but nice view anyway. Arrived in Odaiba, which where the next picure was taken, actually a few of them I stitched together, not very professionally. Tokyo skyline in the rainy foggy weather that seems to normal around this time of year. So now it's almost rain season, after that comes the really hot and humid summer, and then it's typhoon season. And then autumn and winter, a few earthquakes and maybe if I'm lucky a tsunami or two thrown into the mix. Great place to be, will definitely not get boring.

The Fuji Television Network Building was also quite impressive, and we wandered around a kind of exhibition in there, sets from all kinds of TV shows I'd never heard of. When we came out it was already almost dark, went of to Roppongi, the place with what seemed like the highest percentage of tourists. Nightlife, bars, restaurants, clubs and so on. Have to check it out in more detail some other time, when I'm less tired. The best thing about the whole day was (sorry Ayako), that she was at least as lost as I aalway am on the underground. Didn't know which line to get, which map to look at, which ticket to buy and into which direction to walk as soon as we were underground. So it's not just the language and the writing, it's just a confusing system for everyone who's not used to it. I am starting to accept now, that, wherever I go on the trains, I will get lost somewhere along the way. In some underground station most likely. I'm a lot more relaxed now travelling. Probably not the best solution, but I doubt there's any other way.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

na da hast de dir ja nen feinen ausflug ausjedacht! sehr geil!!!!
lg und küsse !nes