Montag, Mai 29, 2006

Moved

Been a bit lazy, at least blogging -wise, sorry for that, so here's a little update of what happened last week. First of all, the people I was hoping to move in with, took someone else, I guess they wnated someone who'd stay a bit longer thatn just a few months. Fair enough, so I moved into
a guesthouse near Inokashira-koen park.
The coordinares for google earth are:
Latitude: 35°41'36.82"N
Longitude: 139°34'55.16"E
Just add a new placemark and input the coordinates, it's the big house with the blue roof.
I have an address now as well, just check my profile. You're all welcome to send me presents, postcards, anything really, or just come over and visit.
Really close to Kichijoji, which is not extremely central, but a sort of center itself, lots of music, bars, restaurants, shops etc. About 25 people in the house, only 2 Japanese, as far as I can tell, and most others are Americans, some Australians, French, Canadians, English, Scottish.
Whch basically means speaking English all the time, hardly any Japanese at all. It seems I will have to study on my own. And go out to meet some Japanese. Here are two pictures of my room, just after I moved in. Hasn't changed much since then, since I don't have any furniture. More pictures of the house soon, maybe even a video. Really nice people in the house, some have been living here for six years. Went out for one of the guys birthday and some drinks obivously on my first and second night. After that I decided to stay home for a bit. Feels like everyone is on a really long holiday, though pretty much everyone is teaching English, but that only seems to be incidental.
My room's about 10 sq.m. big, which is enough, and the rent is below 400 euros, which I think is pretty amazing for Tokyo. Plus electricity. Since then, I haven't really done that much, met up with Mayumi, but didn't take any good pictures, maybe next time, and went to an English class with Emiko, just to find out some more about English teaching. Shouldn't be too hard it seems. Now I just have to start applying for jobs and get some proper clothes. Shirt and tie seem to be the standard. Anybody's got any stylish ties?
Well, I guess I'll have to go shopping again...
More stories and videos of my fellow inmates (bit of a strange and sterile school/prison flair here) will follow soon. Some interesting people in the house.

2 Kommentare:

Parin Mehta hat gesagt…

Nice room ... very basic and a nice bachelor pad


would you be teaching english in a school or would it be private home tutoring to kids at home


Parin

Anonym hat gesagt…

petah!

auch wenn du mich sonst nicht hörst, hier guck ich regelmässig und macht spass, den schais zu lesen. wer weiss, vielleicht klopfe ich irgendwann an deine tuer, wenn der sommer hier verregnet ist :D.

l8
milux