Dienstag, Mai 16, 2006

BBQ

That was on Sunday, trying to catch up.
Well, not quite a BBQ, more like lots of stuff on a hotplate in the lounge. It was raining anyway. Apparently this might be the start of the rain season. Until a few days ago I didn't even know that Japan had a rain season. Looking around on the internet (which I'm doing almost all day, evryone here has 100Mb lines it seems, and I still need to find a room), it said that in Tokyo the rain should really start in the beginning of June. So maybe this isn't the rain season yet. Well, it's raining again today...
Great food, again, Emiko's brother and a friend of hers came round. I'm still really bad with names, I think it was Tatsu (that's how his name started, there are still 2 syllables missing, but I think it's the short form for stupid foreigners) and Kiriko. Sorry if they're not quite right.
This time no surprises, except for lots of veg and mushrooms on the "grill". Not like a proper German (or for that matter English, American, whatever) barbecue, where veggies are excluded. And some kind of soy sauce, rather than mustard and ketchup. Makes a nice change. Again, we managed to finish a few beers, and apparently my very German ability to drink more than the rest of them impressed. Shouldn't be too proud of that, but then, by "western" standards, it's not really that impressive. Know a few people who can drink me under the table with one hand tied to their back. No need to mention any names. And then there's the "asian flush". Anybody who's interested can google or wikipedia it. And apparantly Germans drink about twice as much as the Japanese - http://www.aim-digest.com/gateway/pages/trends/articles/trends_new.htm
Enough about alcohol, gotta watch it. During the course of the dinner, Kiriko mentioned, that they igth have a room I could rent, but it's in the basement, insect infested (she killed about 500 of them last summer) and there's a ghost living there. She only met him once, apparently some kind of clown, who made her run out of her house to a friend's place. I wouldn't mind the company of a ghost as much as the insects. So unless they get some professional help, I reckon I'll give that a miss. I guess her future is not in sales.
And Tatsu(...) said that he might know two stewardesses, who could use some English lessons. So finding a job does not seem too complicated. For the time being, I don't really want one quite yet. Well, if he gets back to me, I guess I'll take it on, a bit of money on the side is never a bad thing. The whole dinner ended quite early, and I went straight to bed. Well after a bit of skyping. Maren is currently always reading something to me while I fall asleep. How great is VoIP. Then I woke up later and we started talking again. So maybe it's not such great thing. Or maybe I should just shut down my comp when I go to sleep. Hope I didn't keep everyone awake all night, as the walls are pretty thin, more like sliding doors, half made of glass. Traditional, old Japanese, hence the size of the doors, the mirror cutting of my head and all that. I'll post some more photos soon.

Keine Kommentare: