Montag, Mai 29, 2006

Senso-ji temple


Mikoshi at Sensoo-ji temple
Video sent by pmirecki
A mikoshi (the thing they're carrying) is basically a portable shrine. This festival actually took place near a Buddhist temple, though right next to ist, there's a Shinto (traditional Japanese religion) shrine. The two religions and their rituals seem to blend together somehow, I'm still can't really tell the diffenrences, but I'm learning. Well, religion wasn't really the reason for coming over here.



live musik
Video sent by pmirecki
live music and story-telling, didn't really get the story though. maybe there wasn't one.
you can also see everything from my point of view...kinda high up, compared to everyone else...



Burning incense
Video sent by pmirecki
Burning incense and then covering yourself in the smoke apparently prevents accidents. I figured it couldn't hurt, so I did a bit of smoke-diving too.

Keine Kommentare: