Dienstag, Mai 16, 2006

Flat again

Yesterday, I didn't do much, again surfing quite a bit, looking for rooms, emailing everyone, trying to find about bluetooth headsets for the osx, and video chats from mac to pc. If anybody's got any advice, please let me know, James was pretty useless. Finally, at about 4 PM, I got an email that I could see a room in Yutenji (there should be a line above the "u",as a sort of emphasis, no idea how to do that on my mac). Went there, going by train is still alway a challenge, was a bit early, so I walked around, found a diving shop, where you can do 1-day trips, but it would cost about 150 - 200 € for two dives, and then diving around Tokyo is not really supposed to be that great. They didn't have wetsuits my size anyway, so I guess I'll still have to go to Okinawa, down south, nice and tropical.
When I met the couple that's advertising the room (for a change it's not an agency), it turns out that he's a camera man and she's a director, and they do their productions at home. Might even need someone who does editing, animation and dvd authoring. That would be a perfect match. The flat is small, quite an old house, but actually a bigger room than the others I've seen advertised so far. About 9 sq.m. Huge actually. They'd be sharing the other room, which is bigger, and then there's a kitchen with a little table and a sofa. I think we got on really well, so I hope they're gonna let me stay there. It's even just below my 500 €/month pain threshold. Apparantly a bargain for that area. Will have to wait until the Sunday, because they just started advertising the room.
On my way home, I stopped in Shibuya, shopping district, had a little walk around. But again, a bit too much for me, I guess I will still have to find the nicer areas, supposedly ther's lots of little shops in that area, but all I found was video screens, pachinko parlours, hostess bars and huge CD and cloths shops. Next time maybe.

Keine Kommentare: